“…If music be the food of love ,then play on “ said a love sick Duke Orsino .
So we are 7 days away from closing “ cuffing season and look , am not the hard type ,one that minds cuddles and not their business so it will be in fair honesty that I let Duke Orsino (Twelfth Night ~a play) voice my thoughts this February.
This year is a lucky one for me , my body’s is grateful for the extra fat ,my mind a bit more in the decluttering lane than the straining one & my heart ,let’s say my heart is still a tiny thing pumping blood through my body .(see what I did there😝😜).
But from Instagram posts to Whatsapp statuses, quite a number of us have been lucky in the receiving section..
I know most us are probably wondering/wandering about what my blubbering has got to do with today so I will simply summarize it to one word ,and only one important word “FLOWERS🌺 “ .
Make that two please , “ROSE FLOWERS
“. And in this case ,dried rose flowers.
Regardless of class,status,age most of us have received a ton of flowers this month and well since it’s officially still the “boo-boo “month I have an idea of how we can .
• Keep these beautiful visuals of messages longer and with us .(Who doesn’t want to cheese over the man /woman /child that got them flowers? I sure as hell know i want to ☺️).
• Give back to our well wishers/sponsors/boo’s by showing them how valued they are in the simplest yet meaningful ways.
• Keep us busy minding our own business.
• Make worth our money .
So these are three ways ;
Make beautiful Rose bookmarks using our wilted flowers .
What you need?
• Dry Roses
• Laminating papers
•Twine or Ribbon
• Place your dried roses on one sheet of laminating paper
• Then cover with the second one and glue it together
Lastly ,punch a hole in the top center and you can use a ribbon or twine string
Make Rose water
Photography by Lyn Andinda
Uses of Rose water
• It can be used as a toner
• Adds fragrance to homemade cosmetics .
• Add to bath for a soothing aroma
• Use in facial scrubs or masks
• Spray over bed sheets for a lovely scent.
This one can be made in various ways depending on what is available for you to use but I will do the simple one which even you can do without running around the supermarkets. What you need
• Jars with open mouth and their covers
• Dried Roses
• Distilled water /Filtered water .
• In one jar ,put the dried flowers
• Pour hot but not boiling distilled or filtered water on the roses and cover .
• Let it sit to cool for 15-20 mins depending on the temperature of the room.
• Sieve the water into another jar and put in a refrigerator.
•Ps: This won’t last as long as one made with witch hazel .
Artifact/Decor in a shadow box
What you need
• Tiny jar ;You can get creative while choosing a jar as it will be decor used around the house .
• Put dried roses in a jar and depending on where this will be used,add a ribbon if it’s for hanging .
• I left mine to sit on the working table .
Finally , putting the dried roses into a muslin bag and put them in your dresser to give a fresh scent to your wardrobe /dresser.
Dried roses in a muslin bag
So we can actually savor memories from our special rose days whilst getting more out of them .
Well for me , this is how much I enjoyed my roses ☺️
To my beloved .
Let me know how you like these .